MVC 3 Update?

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Just curious if you're working on the MVC 3 beta update. I'd like to start porting a projecting I'm working on to MVC 3 and am wondering if I should work on updating MVC Extensions or if you've already got code coming out soon.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

There is already an Mvc3 branch when the the Preview1 first came out and I am actively working one it.

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Thanks I'm using it now. I am getting uncaught exceptions about IViewPageActivator not being registered. That's strange actually, as I thought MVC 3 would just use its own internal version if it wasn't registered in the container. I may dig into the MVC Extensions source today and have a look.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I think I found the answer. Now that MVC knows about IOC contains, it tries to use them to resolve several new parts, such as IControllerFactory and IViewPageActivator. Unity, by default, throws an error if asked to resolve an interface it doesn't know anything about.

MVCEX should first check if the type is registered, and if not, return null. I'm going to submit a pull request for this in a forked version for you.

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Hmm.. your latest code seems to work fine. I noticed that you're catching the exception instead in the base adapter. I might have had an older copy of the MvcExtensions.dll, so I think I'm good now.